Why the fuss with Brand and Corporate Identity; isn’t it just our logo and colour scheme?
Your logo and colour scheme are a vital component of your brand and corporate identity but they are only one component of a complex science.
If you already have a logo and colour scheme, think back to how it came about! Did you want it to say something or mean something special? How did you come up with your business name? Why did you choose the colours you have? Overall, how would you say you feel about these? Do you have employees? Do you know how they feel about these?
Your brand and corporate identity is the glue that binds everything about your business to all your stakeholders. Most notable of those of course are your employees and your customers.
What is quite a complex science can be most simply explained in this way:
Fundamentally, people do business with people and more often than not; with people they like. When dealing with a business where a person interacts with more than one person, their feelings move to the intangible entity that is your business. It is human nature however to want to link that feeling to something more tangible and this is where your logo is so important; this is usually the tangible asset that your customers attached their feelings too!
Aside from the development of logos and colour schemes which our creative and design team can do for you; there are two very important things you must do in your business to build a great brand and corporate identity. They are:
The Internal Development:
- Make sure sure you have a vision, mission and core values that every employee of your company knows , understands and can put into practice, consistently.
- Have an induction program for new employees
- At employee gatherings take every opportunity to reinforce your brand and identity.
- Explain the importance of brand and identity to your employees. Make sure they understand how their behaviour impacts your business
- Build a culture that embraces your brand and identity
The External Development:
- If the internal side of your brand and identity is working well the external side becomes a lot easier.
- Make sure the use of your logo and colours have strict rules that are monitored and strenuously enforced. This helps to make sure that the tangible asset you customer is looking for is always easy to identify
- Make sure all your communications, advertising and public relations not only conforms to the brand guidelines but also enhances and continues to add value to your brand and identity
With the right application, training and focus you’ll have a brand and identity that your clients love, your employees are proud of and one that enjoys significant commercial value.
At Macrison we can help you build your brand strategy. We can help you implement it and importantly; we can assist in the on-going management of your Brand and Corporate Identity.